Account Service | Media Services | Market Research
Jana Cook is the owner and president of JCook Media. She is a graduate of the University of Kansas with a BA in Communications.
Jana began her career in sales for KMPH-TV in Fresno, California, before taking her first job on the other side of the desk as a media buyer for Cole & Weber Advertising in Seattle, Washington. She also worked for Ad Media, Inc., a media buying service in Seattle, before returning to the Midwest to settle in Kansas City.
In 1991, Jana joined Jewell Baker Zander in KC as a Media Director. Her main functions with that agency included media planner, negotiator, and buyer for all media — print, outdoor, broadcast, and digital advertising.
After JBZ closed its doors in April 2005, Jana began her own business at JCook Media, Inc., providing advertising consulting, marketing services, media planning, buying, and market research to businesses around the Kansas City metropolitan area.
JCook Media satisfied customers, past and present, include:
- Belfonte Ice Cream Company
- Fairbanks Scales
- Feld Entertainment (Ringling Brothers & Disney On Ice)
- The hospitals and physician groups of HCA Midwest Health System
- KSHB/KMCI – TV (NBC affiliate)
- Liberty Hospital
- Louisburg Cider Mill
- Menninger Clinic
- Monsanto Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Pizza Shoppe
- Price Chopper Grocery Stores
- Saint Joseph Medical Center (Carondelet Health)
- Saint Mary’s Medical Center
- Sanofi Animal Health, Inc.
- Skaggs Community Health Center (Branson, MO)
- University of Saint Mary